The Gestalt Gardener
The Gestalt Gardener | Touchdown
After a few months away from the Mississippi heat and humidity, Felder Rushing is back home and has an intact garden to show for it. He always says that with proper planning and patience your garden can run by itself and actually produce. While happy to be home, Felder can not stop talking about the heat and what is happening in your southern gardens. Also because one of our callers (you're welcome Jessie) here is Java's cauliflower buffalo wing recipe:
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings ( courtesy of Delish.com)
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup hot sauce (such as Franks)
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Celery sticks, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Make batter: In a medium bowl, whisk flour, milk, and garlic powder until combined. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Dredge cauliflower in batter until evenly coated. Shake off excess batter and transfer to prepared baking sheets. Bake until the cauliflower is crispy and golden around edges, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile make buffalo sauce. In a large bowl, whisk together hot sauce and melted butter. Toss baked cauliflower “wings” in sauce before serving.
- Serve with ranch dressing and celery sticks, if desired.